Thursday, September 28, 2006

Wes Anderson loved pop-up books



Wes Anderson has obviously been inspired by book on ocean adventure as shown by the significant role that Jaques Cousteau's book Diving for Sunken Treasure played in his filmRushmore. I love that movie so much that many times I've been tempted to pick up a hard back copy of the book. I was reading my copy of the pop-up version of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and came across this illustration and was immediately reminded of the scene in Life Aquatic where we are given a tour of his boat. I'm sure Wes and his brother Eric had this book when they were kids.

1 comment:

The Arnold Clan said...

Hello there.

The scan of your 20,000 leagues under the sea pop up book shows it is the same one I had as a boy. Unfortunately, I no longer have it. Is there any way to get the publisher's information from you? I am attempting to find a copy of it to read to my children.